What's new in the Manuals V1.0.2 ? (04. Dec 2009)
What's new in Win32 software V1.2.1 and Manuals V1.0.1 ? (17. May 2009)
- Bugfix : The "Single frequency monitor" was set to invalid frequencies.
- The "Single frequency monitor" now provides two bargraphs for the two frequencies defined by the markers' positions.
- The boot-firmware's version is displayed additionally in the "System"/"Status"-window.
- Adapted the software's manuals available as a free download on the project's page.
What's new ? (05. Apr. 2009)
- Yes, an english and german manual are now available for free download.
What's new in Win32 software V1.2.0 ? (05. Apr. 2009)
- The main window is resizable.
- The data-display is zoomable.
- New "engine" and controls to support the new functionality.
- The pc-software V1.2.0 has a switch for firmware V1.1.3, V1.1.4, V1.1.5 and V1.1.6.
What's new in firmware V1.1.6 ? (05. Apr. 2009)
- The integrated firmware update is safer to use than in V1.1.5.
Note : You cannot use the integrated firmware update to update from V1.1.5 to V1.1.6!
What's new in the distribution package ? (06. Nov. 2008)
- The darned language mix in the setup dialog should be fixed now.
All dialogs are now in english.
What's new in pc-software V1.1.9 ? (24. Oct. 2008)
- Fixed the simultaneous display of scan-data, reference-data, and marker-positions during an active (range-)scan.
- The distance between the two graphical markers can be locked. Both markers will be moved automatically, if one of them is moved.
- A new type of data-file is introduced to fit the new needs. Older files are fully supported.
- The RFM12-configuration stored in the microcontroller's internal data EEPROM can be edited directly in the pc-software. This makes reprogramming the data EEPROM
"the hard way" using a terminal software obsolete !
All data entered in the EEPROM-editor fields is checked automatically and the color of the
value entered will be green for an unchanged value, blue for a valid, changed value and red for an invalid, changed value. The "Write"-buttons will be
enabled, if modified data is present for the corresponding RFM12 configuration-command.
- The standard-messageboxes have been replaced.
- Changed the status-bar.
- Lots of internal changes.
- The pc-software V1.1.9 still has a switch for microcontroller firmware V1.1.3, V1.1.4, and V1.1.5.
What's new in pc-software V1.1.8 ? (17. Oct. 2008)
- A second graphical marker has been added. Use left (M1) and right (M2) mouse-buttons with enabled markers to set and move them.
- A new "Scan/Range" function allows to limit a scan action to the range between the two graphical markers.
- If the new "Scan/Monitor" button is activated, a scan action is repeated continuously. The display is not cleared entirely between these scans
to preserve the information displayed.
To stop a "Monitor"-scan action after the current scan has been completed, deactivate the "Scan/Monitor"-button
(the "Scan/Stop"-button stops the action immediatly at the current scan position - what may result in incomplete or incorrect data).
- Colors used in the data display can be edited in the "Config"-dialog.
- The color settings may be saved to and loaded from one of eight color sets.
- Bandwidths for the next scan action and bandwidths to display can be selected independently.
- The rectangles next to the bandwidth-checkboxes show grey color to indicate that the corresponding buffer is empty, red color for a buffer that is written to, and green color for a buffer holding data.
- The current display can be copied to a reference-data buffer. The reference data is displayed in addition to the current scan-data, if the "Display Ref Data"-checkbox is activated.
The rectangle right to "Display Ref Data"-checkbox is green, if reference data is present. The reference buffer is filled after each scan action automatically, if the corresponding option is selected in the "Config"-dialog.
- Progress of a scan action is indicated by a growing line in the data display.
- New options in the "Config"-dialog allow to mask certain information from a data-file when loading.
- A new type of data-file is used for saving - older files are fully supported.
- Scans are performed faster (about 1.9s for a full-range single bandwidth scan).
- Lots of internal changes.
What's new in pc-software V1.1.7 and hardware V1.1 ? (07. Oct. 2008)
- A PCB-layout for THM-components (except the SMT-type RFM12) is now available for download.
Thanks go to T. Peschel, who contributed the initial draft to this layout !
- The schematic has been adapted properly and a BOM has been added as a seperate page.
- A minor bugfix handling the activation of the "Monitor Single"-button.
- COM1: to COM16: are supported by the pc-software, this includes "Virtual Com Ports" (e.g. USB to serial converters).
- The RFM12 is automatically reconfigured to the band required or desired by or for the next action, whenever necessary (starting a new scan, for example).
Thus, modification of the initial 433MHz band-selection to the 315MHz-, 868MHz- or 915MHz-band is reduced to selecting the correct configuration in the pc-software.
The automatic reconfiguration process preserves all information contained in the RFM12-"Configuration"-command read from the
microcontroller's data EEPROM, except for the band-selection bits.
See sections "Reading and writing the RFM12 initialization values" and "Communicating using a terminal software" to learn more about how the µC's data EEPROM is used.
- Use the "System/Config" button to select the correct serial port and RFM12 frequency band.
- It is possible to display any RFM12_Scanner data-file, even if it was scanned on another band than the current display or configuration setting, correctly, and to use the
"Monitor Single" bargraph-style display on the frequency resulting from the graphical marker's position and the frequency-band, that was selected during the last rf-scan- or buffer-initialization-action
(though it is doubtful, whether it makes sense to monitor a frequency beyond the module's capabilities).
- The pc-software's band configuration is activated automatically, when a new scan is started or when the display is initialized by clicking the "Init"-button.
- If the pc-software's buffer contains scanned data and the the "System/Init"-button is clicked, you will be asked, whether you really want to proceed with the buffer initialization or not.
- Enhanced (more secure) firmware-update and error-handling to fit the new features.
- Added "All"- and "None"-buttons to the bandwidth-selection for selecting or deselecting all receiver-bandwidths at a time.
- If data resulting from the last scan-action has been stored in a data-file or the currently displayed data has been loaded from a data-file, the data-file's name is displayed to the right of the application's name and version in the main window's title.
- If a scan is started with no selection in any of the "Scan Configuration/Bandwidth(s)" boxes, the 400kHz bandwidth is selected automatically.
- The pc-software V1.1.7 has a switch for microcontroller firmware V1.1.3, V1.1.4, and V1.1.5.
- Firmware V1.1.5 should be used with pc-software V1.1.6 or V1.1.7 only !
- Yes, I consider writing a manual !
What's new in pc-software V1.1.6 and firmware V1.1.5 ? (23. Sep. 2008)
- Future firmware updates will be performed directly in the pc-software.
- No extra hardware is needed for these updates.
- The firmware offers the infrastructure needed for the next extensions.
- Enhanced TX and RX routines.
- Fixed the installation on Vista systems with entry in the startmenu.
- The pc-software V1.1.6 has a switch for microcontroller firmware V1.1.3, V1.1.4, and V1.1.5.
- Firmware V1.1.5 should be used with pc-software V1.1.6 only !
What's new in pc-software V1.1.5 and firmware V1.1.4 ? (25. Jul. 2008)
- Implemented a more intelligent scan algorithm.
- Scans are now performed with improved speed.
- Single frequency (= marker position) monitor added.
- Some internal changes.
- Added a multilingual setup software.
- The pc-software V1.1.5 has a switch for microcontroller firmware V1.1.3 and V1.1.4, which automatically disables and enables features according to the firmware's version.
What's new in V1.1.4 ? (30. Jun. 2008)
- The marker can be used during an active scan.
- The display of the different graphs for the receiver's bandwidths can be enabled and disabled individually through the "Receiver Bandwidth"-checkboxes.
- The rectangles next to the "Receiver Bandwidth"-checkboxes will show the corresponding graph's color only, if data is present for this graph (scanned or loaded).
- Scanned data can now be saved and loaded as RFM12_Scanner binary files.
- In addition to the scanned data, the position of the graphical marker and the settings of the software are saved and loaded in these files.
- A minor bugfix affecting the behaviour of the graphical marker if a scan cannot be completed due to a hardware-timeout.
- The pc-software V1.1.4 is designed to work with the microcontroller firmware V1.1.3.
What's new in V1.1.3 ? (17. Jun. 2008)
- Added an optional scan-step delay for more precise scanning.
- A graphic marker may be added to the display directly in the pc-software.
- Internal changes to allow smoother scans.
- The microcontroller checks for the presence of a RFM12 after each POR.
- The function of the status LEDs is changed (B1=Ready, B2=Scan in progress).
- The test-transmitter's value is no longer fixed at 0xAA and is now accessible at EEPROM address 0x20.
- The pc-software is NOT compatible to previous firmware-versions and vice versa !
What's new in V1.1.0 ?
- Only the selected receiver bandwidths are scanned : This makes a scan with less than all 6 bandwidths much faster.
- The LNA gain is no longer fixed at 0dB : All gain-values are accessible through a listbox.
- The module's RF-band can be selected directly in the pc-software : No need to alter values in the configuration-file manually.
- The "Save Display" button opens a "Save As" dialog : The filename and path can be chosen freely now.
- All settings of the pc-software are now saved in the configuration file and are loaded automatically on the next start.